Monday, December 8, 2014

30 Days of Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn Challenge Day 4: Got any DoL?

This is probably one aspect of the game that I almost never touch. 

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn is the only game I've ever played with this kind of gathering mechanics. I appreciate the effort they put into creating the gathering system. 





The system is not as simple as most that I've seen in different games where in you just need to level the skill by gathering from open world nodes. The gathering system in Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn requires you to wear the appropriate equipment for your level, and using the skills to get higher quality items. 


Aside from these there are also special nodes that give rare materials that are only available at a specific time. To get to these some players would need to keep watch of the spawn times.


If you don't have your own timer, there are external websites who keep track of these for you. Here's what some of my friends use:


http://www.ffxivclock.com/#/




Some maps that you might find useful:

http://www.disciplesoftheland.com/Maps.aspx

Since I don't usually spend time gathering, I don't really have a lot of screenshots of my character doing this. But I will post more photos once I get some. 








Probably the only gathering I really do in my almost free time is Mining. I always fall asleep while fishing XD 







No comments:

Post a Comment