Wednesday, February 18, 2015

30 Days of Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn. Day 08: Least Favourite Leader.

Hrmmm Hrmmm This is a tough choice.  I love all the City leaders and I don’t know how to choose among them who is my least favorite.

I love Kan-E- Senna for her peaceful nature. She’s like a gentle mother who cares for everyone around her. And since I started out as a CNJ, most of my starting quests require me to interact with her. And I loved every moment of it. I found her nature to be calming and regal. She has the air of a composed queen and the gentleness of a fawn.






Nanamo Ul Namo is a favorite cause of her unique lalafell skin. She’s beyond adorable that I had to spend almost an hour last Halloween trying to get a disguise of her from the imp just so I could do this:




Merlwyb is the steadfast empowered woman leader in the game. Sporting 2 guns, she’s one kicka** babe you don’t want to mess with.



Out of the three, my favorite is probably nanamo since I find her adorable.  But if I have to choose a least favorite, I would probably choose... well, Nanamo.

I love her but she's my least favorite cause I'm not at all impressed by her portrayal of a leader. It feels like she's being bullied around by her council members in Ul'dah and that's not a good for a leader.

And though I enjoy the idea of Raubahn carrying her around, it creates room for the idea of dependency. Though it is not directly acknowledged in the game, there were moments where she would rely on him for emotional support and diplomatic dominance.

The fact that her subjects question her decision means that they lack faith in her as a leader. It makes me sad but I am well aware of the fact that this could be essential to the overall story line of the game. I'm still partly hopeful that they would give her more room to establish her character as a leader in future content.



Bonus video :3



No comments:

Post a Comment