Sunday, March 8, 2015

[FFXIV] Cribs Ryukahn Free Company House

I've been trying my hand at making videos for FFXIV: ARR this past few months. I'm still learning since it's been 7-8 years since I last held a video editing program. I still remember some points from my media class in College but I have forgotten quite a lot due to lack of practice and exposure. I am glad that there are tons of tutorials on youtube and my friends also gave me links to websites like Lynda.com.

I've had this idea for a while now but I was only able to set in motion a week or so ago. Video editing and shooting footages can take some time so I've put it off for a time when I don't have a lot of things to do.

With the help of my FC mates, we were able to shoot a video featuring our FC house.

The theme is that of MTV Cribs where celebrities take you inside their homes and give you a tour. If you're not familiar with the show, you can check the video below for an episode reference.



One of our FC Leaders, Major Rager, played the role of the celebrity and we went crazy recording as much as we can.












After shooting the videos, I compiled the videos and tried to line them up for sequences and scenes. This made me feel like experimenting with a lot of things so I ended up with a couple of drafts. 

I finished the video and rewatched it. It felt incomplete since I didn't have any dialogues to go with it. I tried recording using my own voice but it didn't quite fit and I feel that my microphone wasn't of good quality for this.

I felt like re-shooting the whole thing and asking people to dub it for me but that's going to take longer and more work. I didn't want to waste the effort and fun we had shooting these set of videos so I re-arranged it and added subs instead. 

It turned out okay but I want to make better videos in the future. Probably get a new microphone for recording when I get the funds for it, :)

So here's the finished product. Hope you like it. ^_^




No comments:

Post a Comment