Wednesday, January 7, 2015

30 Days of Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn. Day 7: Best Primal Fight [NM/HM]

My favorite primal fight might come off as odd to some as I used to abhor this primal back when I was still running for my relics.



When extremes came out, I immediately thought of rerolling to another dps class to survive Titan... (This is why I have a Bard XD)

Back when we were sporting penta melded Ilevel 70s and Ilevel 90s; I would cringe at the mention of Titan.

The countless deaths I suffered from the fight because of latency issues, animation lock, and just plain unawareness caused me trauma that I would do my best to avoid the fight in any way I can.



The only time that I would submit myself to this torture is if a close friend asked or if I really really really need to do it as part of a quest. I even skipped the weekly token to get a new weapon to avoid it.

I went on hiatus from the game for some time and only came back last July – August.



It was unavoidable since I wouldn’t be able to progress in the Primal fights if I don’t clear it. Together with my friends, we queued in Extreme and as soon as the queue popped up, I held my breath.

“This is going to be a long night…” I told myself.

Indeed, it was. We kept wiping but I noticed that I was able to avoid the attacks more efficiently than I did before I went on hiatus. (Probably better now that I got a new computer and a faster connection.)

I was dodging landslides, weight of the land and healing tumults.

“So far, So good…” I thought.  We’re past most of the things that usually killed me before so I felt a little secure but after a cast of bomb boulders, I was casting heals when a subsequent landslide was cast my way and hit me.


I fell off the platform and died and my WhiteMage friend ended up one healing the fight.
“So sad…” I thought.



They cleared the fight without me and though I was thankful that it was a clear, I felt sad that I died in the fight again.

After this, I was able to progress to Ifrit extreme but I always felt like going back to Titan to get that perfect clear.

After going through the nightmare that is Leviathan Ex, and clearing Ramuh Ex, I decided to go back and clear Titan again.

So one afternoon, I solo queued Titan Ex. As usual, I held my breath and as the fight started, poured my focus in the fight. We wiped a few times but I got the hang of it and survived most of the fight.



It was the 4th attempt and we got to 10%, but I didn’t want to celebrate yet.  Everyone’s health is dwindling and I’m running out of mp so I was using my pet’s cooldowns for AoE Heals.

The Dragoon cast his Limit break early and left the boss with 2% health.
Just a nudge more and the screen went black.



CLEARED! And I’m alive! :D




Suddenly clearing Titan Ex was the best feeling ever. I’m happier than a bird with a French fry!

It’s amazing how I used to hate this fight before and would avoid it at all cost but now, I’d willingly join anyone who’d ask on FC chat.
This experience has taught me how something awfully dreadful could turn out to be so fun once you get the hang of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment